Vantage Point Title prides itself on maintaining the highest level of compliance with State, Federal and Industry Standards and Regulations.
Below is a list of Certifications and Practices that Vantage Point Title maintains to ensure our clients are protected.
- SSAE 16 Certification
- ALTA Best Practices
- Network and Security Penetration Tests
- Disaster and Business Continuity Plan
SSAE16 Audit Description and Benefits
Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 16, Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization, was finalized by the Auditing Standards Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in January 2010. SSAE 16 effectively replaces SAS 70 as the authoritative guidance for reporting on service organizations.
Vantage Point wants to confirm that we are providing the best services to our clients by having an in-depth audit evaluation of the effectiveness of our internal safeguards and controls. This includes our information technology, processes, and financial reporting. We have been examined by a licensed public accounting firm, who is required to follow specific guidance related to planning, execution, and supervision of the audit procedures and the reporting of the results.
How our Clients benefit:
- Vantage Point has taken extra precautions to ensure that our processes and our Client’s data are secure
- Our controls are presented fairly
- Our controls and processes are designed effectively
- A detailed description of Vantage Point’s controls and an independent assessment of whether our controls were placed in operation and when
How Vantage Point benefits:
- Demonstrates the establishment of effectively designed control objectives and activities
- Builds trust with our Clients
- Allows Vantage Point to have its control policies and procedures evaluated and tested by an independent party. This helps VP identify opportunities for improvement in many areas of our business.
ALTA Best Practices Certification
ALTA created best practices to help members highlight policies and procedures the industry exercises to protect lenders and consumers, while ensuring a positive and compliant real estate settlement experience.
Vantage Point Title prides itself on providing our clients with Exceptional Service through Industry Best Practices and has gone the extra mile to ensure that we meet all of the ALTA Standards.
Network and Security Penetration Tests
Vantage Point Title has spent a great deal of time and resources on building and maintaining a cutting-edge IT Network and Infrastructure. By having an independent team run regular Network and Security Penetration Tests, Vantage Point Title is able to maintain the highest level of security for our clients and their data.
Disaster and Business Continuity Plan
A strong Disaster and Business Continuity plan is essential to a strong company. To that end, Vantage Point has designed, developed and routinely tests our extensive Disaster and Business Continuity Plan. The plan includes regular data backups, hardware malfunctions, natural disasters, and a pandemic that affects our staff. Our plan consists of redundant on-site and off-site systems and multiple testings throughout the year.